Monday, January 11, 2010

[Review] Love Audited by Marthino Andries

Posted on 6:58 AM by Marina Frisca




So, I went to one major bookstore inside Tamini Square last Sunday (Jan 10,2010) and bought several novels. 


I bought like 5 , and one of it is titled "Love Audited" - author is Marthino Andries.
Call me lame, yet, this is my first time hearing the author name. I only knew Sitta Karina, Dee, Fira Basuki, Ninit Yunita, Clara Ng and my 1st ever favorite Indonesia writer named Adhitya Mulya.


Though it's my first time, yet, the synopsis in the back cover quite interesting.


So, the book is about 2 characters named Neena and Verdi who happened to have a bad first meeting experience (car accidents in a parking lot-money throwing-yelling-etc.). After the accident, it is known by Neena that the 2 are working for the same company plus at the same level management. Neena is an Export Mgr. whilst Verdi is an R&D Mgr.; shortly, these 2 are in the end involved in an on-off relationship or u might wanna call it love-hate relationship. 


Ok, my opinion, for a first time reader of the author novel, I must say that Marthino's writing style suits me well. It's not hard to understand, good flow, interesting characters name with understand-able character description and of course nice ending ^^ The author writes the novel nicely with interesting yet not too complicated conflicts. Me say... it's a pretty good novel ^^


What's coming to my attention is ... that the novel is too short ~ I think the author can create a longer 'knowing each other' relationship between Neena and Verdi, because I think the process until Verdi falls for Neena is way too quick. Another thing is -maybe it's a typo- in the back cover it says that Neena is an R&D Mgr. and Verdi is the Internal Auditor, whilst inside it is described that Verdi is the one who owns the position of R&D Mgr. whilst Neena is the head of the Export Dept. It's a minor mistake, yet, might caused confusion. So, I took the easy step, I trust the inside details *lol*


Overall, I like the novel and I think I will be eye-ing Marthino Andries' works from now on!


Way to go Indonesian Novelist ^^


xoxo,
mf


Novel Detail
Title : Love Audited
Author : Marthino Andries
Publisher : Gradien Books
Buy this book in major book store in Indonesia!

No Response to "[Review] Love Audited by Marthino Andries"

Leave A Reply